We provide Recruitment, HR advice and support on all matters relating to your employment throughout your training.
We would like to extend a very warm welcome to you on behalf of the trust. Should you have any questions in relation to the above please do not hesitate to Contact Us .
St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the Lead Employer for over 9,000 Doctors in Speciality Training from all speciality types across a number of Health Education England (HEE) areas.
The Lead Employer model is a collaborative one, with the responsibilities of the traditional employer shared between three major stakeholders, who are:
- Lead Employer – Overall employment responsibility including e.g. contracts of employment, employment checks, pay, restrictions/exclusions and disciplinary matters etc. The Lead Employer itself offers a single point of contact, co-ordinating with all stakeholders including third party agencies e.g. Police, Safeguarding etc.
- Host Organisation – Provides day to day management, and day to day supervision of training by clinical & educational supervisors
- Health Education England – Responsible Officer, supervision of training & progress in training. HEE ensures consistency with the handling and resolution of concerns raised relating to capability and health matters.
All three stakeholders’ primary function is to ensure that trainees complete their training satisfactorily and in doing so provide an excellent service to the local NHS and its patients.
We are the Lead Employer for the following HEE Regions:
- HEE North West – for all Specialty, GP, Public Health trainees and Physician associates in Cheshire and Merseyside.
- HEE West Midlands – For GP, Histopathology, Public Health and Sports and Exercise Trainees
- HEE East of England – For GP and Public Health trainees
- HEE East Midlands – For GP trainees.
- HEE London and the South East – For Palliative Care trainees